January 13, 2010

Two Rainbows in One Day!

The weather has been unpredictable the past few days; sunny one second, pouring rain the next. This is perfect for rainbows and yesterday we were blessed with two of them! Leah spotted the first one early yesterday morning as we were doing our chores.  It was fading by the time I got my camera but it was still beautiful. Then in the afternoon I stepped outside after playing the piano, only to see another rainbow. The weather was just right; the sun was shining and it was drizzling at the same time. This one was lovely. The colors of the rainbow were distinct and vibrant and there was even a faded second rainbow above it! Whenever I see a rainbow, I am reminded of God's promise to Noah and his family that He would never destroy the earth again by water. I also think about how creative God is to place such a beautiful sign in the sky for us to enjoy!

Blessings,




~view of yesterday morning's rainbow from our backyard~


~yesterday morning's fading rainbow with small fountain and rose bush~


~gorgeous evening rainbow by Willowbank's conference center~


~another view of yesterday evening's rainbow over the Heydon Trust Nature Reserve~

"I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh." Genesis 9:13-15

No comments: