May 9, 2010

Dear Mother

Dear Mom,

Thank you for being my Mom. Thank you for all the times you've been there for me. As I look at your life as a mother and the things I'll always remember about you, I thank God for blessing me with such a lovely mother as you! I know you love me when you kiss and hug each one us before we go to bed -no matter how tired you are. I know you love me those nights when you check on us when we are sick. I know you love me when you explain those really difficult algebra problems and then laugh together when we finally find the solution! I know you love me when you cook those delicious soups on chilly winter days and give me compliments when I make refreshing fruit smoothies on hot summer evenings.

I know you always loved me when I think back to those times when I was just a bit younger -how you patiently taught me so many things. I know you loved me when you taught me how to use Paint on the computer, when you showed me how to write my name with a capital letter, and stayed right behind me as I learned to ride a bike. I know you loved me when I practiced my reading skills as I read portions of Scripture to you during Bible time.

Mom, I know you love me when you say "I love you" even though you've had a really long day. You've been an amazing example of what a Proverbs 31 woman should be like; and I pray that when I become a mother, I'll be a loving mother just like you.

Happy Mother's day!

Love always,

Eden


My Mom and Me

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awww... so, so sweet, Eden! I hope your mom had a lovely Mother's Day. :-)

Taylor said...

Oh, Eden! This is such a sweet post. :) I really like the picture of you and your mom together... You both look so pretty!!

Also, I love all the new changes you've been making in celebration of your 100th post! The new blog look is very cute, and I love the name! I also love your new profile picture. :) Oh, and I haven't been to see your new photography blog yet, but I'm on my way now! ;)

Blessings,
~ Taylor

Lulu said...

That's such a sweet picture and letter, Eden! I lo-ove the picture. :) =D :D =)

Dain Richardson said...

Dear Eden--Thank you sooo much for the heartfelt tribute! I do love you, and always will! You, Sara, Leah, and Jude are my dearest treasures! Praying that I will always be the godly example that our Heavenly Father would have me to be. Love always--Mom :)

Shiloh said...

Eden,

I love the picture of you with your mother!

I also like your blog's new name!

Keep "Growing in Him",

~Shiloh

carlotta cisternas said...

that picture of y'all is so sweet!