May 31, 2010

Friendship Afghan!

Now that my hand is much better, I'm having fun getting back to knitting and crocheting. I thought of a cool idea earlier today! I was wondering if you all would be interested in joining me to make a friendship afghan. Each of us can crochet afghan squares (number of squares made will depend on number of participants) and mail a square to each friend that's participating, keeping one for ourselves. Once we receive squares from participating friends, we can stitch them together to make a friendship afghan and would be a great keepsake to remember our blogger friends by! :-) We can keep everyone updated on the progress of our squares by blogging about it or leaving a comment here.

Before starting, I need to make sure there are enough friends interested to go through with the exchange. I'd like to have 12 participants so we can make 12 squares each. Once I have enough participants signed up for the afghan, we can select a yarn and pattern and begin!

I've been making some progress on the baby throw that I started for the KCA (Knit/Crochet Along) a couple of months ago. Five out of nine squares have been finished so far and it's been a lot of fun to work on this project! The yarn is soft and has an interesting texture making it a pleasure to work with.



Ideally, I'd like to start the friendship afghan squares on the 15th of June so please comment below if you're interested and be sure to tell your friends too!

Blessings,




4 comments:

Brooke O'Shea said...

Oh, that sounds so fun! Unfortunately I cannot crochet, I knit. I hope you get more people!
Through Christ,
LH

Johanna said...

This sounds SO fun!!!! Really fun, but I don't crochet very well at all! Too bad it is not being knitted, I knit Very well, and very fast!

I hope you get enough particapants! Wishing I was one of them! :(

~Johanna~

Melody said...

Oh, that sounds like a lovely idea, Eden! I would definitely like to participate in making a friendship afghan! :)

Blessings,

~Melody

Lindsay said...

Well, I would participate but I don't know how to crochet. Sorry, Eden... it really does sound like fun. I hope you're able to find enough participants! Oh, and your baby throw is lookin' great!! :)

~ Love,
Lindsay