June 18, 2010

50 Followers!!

I just signed in to Blogger yesterday afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to see that I now have 50 followers! It means a lot to me when people visit my blog and become a follower! I first started blogging to keep my friends updated on what's going on around our home and had no idea that I would meet so many wonderful young ladies that share my values. It's been so much fun blogging and getting to know you all and I'm glad I started my blog!  So to all my followers, I'd like to say thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts.

I'd also like to mention that I'm joining Emily (My Life Belongs To Him) in the Summer With A Purpose challenge to make this summer, well --purposeful. :-) Each Friday, I'll post a summary of the goals I met, and the things I did in the past week! Here are my goals for this summer:

1. Finish the Bible Reading challenge
I started a challenge on January 1st to read the Bible in 6 months
ending on June 30th so I'm working steadily to meet
that goal!

2. Complete some craft projects.
Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of starting projects
and taking a long time to finish them but this summer that will
change. :-) I have several knitting/crocheting projects (including the
 friendship afghan!), and a sewing project that need to be completed.

3. Try new vegan recipes.
I found a great website with lots of vegan recipes
so I'm going to have fun looking through them
for some delicious summer dishes

4. Improve my homemaking skills.
Summer is perfect for working on homemaking skills like
cooking, sewing, and cleaning because
I don't have as much school work to do and tend
to have a lot more free time.

5. Read some edifying books.
I have quite a stash of books that I purchased when the
Logos Hope book ship was here. So once I'm finished
the Bible reading challenge, I plan to start reading some other 
books like Through Gates of Splendor, Project Pearl
Pastor Hsi, and Ships of Mercy.

For this past week and week one of the Summer With A Purpose challenge, I took the GED pre-test and received a great score on each subject so I'm very happy about that. :-) I also did some baking and made bread. Sorry, I didn't get pictures because the bread quickly disappeared! :-)

I hope you all had a blessed week!





If you're a follower and haven't left a comment before, please introduce yourself and let me know what you enjoy reading here. If you stop by now and then and are not a follower yet, feel free to click the "Follow" button near the top of this page! Thanks!

3 comments:

Jessica Rebekah said...

50 followers that's great! But you have such a nice interesting blog so I'm not surprised. :D

Hope you achieve all your summer goals.

Love
in Christ
~Jess

Taylor said...

Yay!! Congrats on 50 followers, Eden! That's great. :D

I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun with that summer challenge... It's a really wonderful idea! Oh, and I'm glad you did so well on your GED. I'm sure you were really happy about that. =)

Lots of love,
~ Taylor <3

Emily said...

Taking a long time to finish projects? I'm the queen! ;) But we're going to work on this, yes? That's a main goal for me right now, finishing projects! :)

You've got some great goals here! I'm looking forward this summer :)

In His love,
Emily