June 21, 2010

Welcome Summer!

A lovely day in Bermuda!
Today's the first day of summer and also the longest day of the year! The temperatures have been quite warm these past few days so on Sunday we went swimming for the first time this year with some friends. Swimming is lots of fun --especially when the water is warm! :-) The water around Willowbank is teeming with fish so it's a fun place to snorkel and look around. When it's low tide, we enjoy searching the sand for beautiful seashells and checking out the longtails'(seabird) which prepare their nests in the rocky cliffs. Wading through just a few inches of water is pure fun, and I love the feeling of the gentle waves lapping at my feet. :-) Sometimes we simply relax on one of the beach lounge chairs and watch the sail boats out to sea.

I'm so glad summer is finally here! Hanging out at the beach and simply enjoying God's creation is what I enjoy most about summer. The long days and short nights make it easier to do a lot in one day and spend the evening watching the sunset! Even though the air is sometimes humid, the fresh ocean breezes are refreshing and make me feel very relaxed! :-)

Summer is the perfect time to visit Bermuda too! It would be great if you can spend your vacation here at Willowbank and I can get to meet you! I'm sure you all would love Willowbank because it is a non-denominational, Christian hotel that has two beautiful beaches, a quaint "homey" setting, complete with complimentary English-style tea every afternoon. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with lovely gardens and tall palm trees, with lots of space for children to run and play! Willowbank is the perfect hotel for a Christian family looking for a refreshing summer vacation!  If you would like to get more information about Willowbank, check out the hotel's website here. Hope to see you here in Bermuda soon!

Wishing you all a safe and happy summer,





Mom took this picture during low tide! 


A longtail flew by to see what we were up to!

Another photo of the beach during low tide!
The brown "stuff" you see here is sea grass which is
normally underwater but is visible during some low tides.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

Wow! Bermuda in summer certainly looks beautiful! ;) I know our family would *love* to visit there if we could. It sounds like a really nice place to vacation! (And I think it would be especially exciting to meet you and your family! :) I don't think we'll be making any big trips like that anytime soon, though. In fact, none of us have ever even been outside of the United States before! We've always thought it would be nice to go to Israel someday, though... And now I think I'll have to include Bermuda as another great place to visit. ;D (That is, if the Lord ever chooses to provide us with the means to make such a trip! :)

...Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed the first day of summer!!

Blessings,
~ Taylor

Jessica Rebekah said...

It looks like you stay in a beautiful place - would love to come and visit, if only it was possible!! Well, maybe someday! :)

Gosh, Eden you really made me home-sick for the sea with your post and lovely pictures! Rachel and I were born in a costal town and spent our early years near the sea. But it's been about 3 years now since we last saw the sea- I miss it sooo much!!

I did a little post yesterday on 'the SHORTEST day of the year'! It's so funny that our seasons are reversed! :D

Anyway, enjoy your Summer and enjoy spending time in God's beautiful creation!

God bless you.
Love in Christ,
~Jessica

Jenna said...

Bermuda certainly is beautiful, Eden! I would love to come visit sometime... Maybe someday! :)
Have a blessed summer day, dear friend!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Anna said...

As others have said, summer in Bermuda looks beautiful! It must be lovely to live so near to the sea – though we don't live too far from the sea, we don't often get to visit.

And thank you for the comment you left on my blog. I only found it today – very bad email/blog 'keeping-up-with'! I would be very happy to get into touch and talk more... I will get into contact soon!

Blessings,
Anna