June 30, 2010

I Did It!

By God's grace, I was able to successfully complete the 6-month Bible reading challenge hosted by Kaylene. This is my first time reading through the entire Bible and it's been such a blessing to read through the Scriptures and discover the precious pearls God has tucked inside for our encouragement and instruction! As I read through Scripture and learned about the lives of sincere Christians who followed Christ regardless of the trials that they went through, I was inspired to continue obeying God and listen to His will for my life. From Genesis to Revelation and everything in between, I've been simply humbled by all the things that God has done for us. Reading through the Bible has helped me appreciate the Scriptures more and encouraged me to read it more often than I did before.

Ironically as I was working to finish the challenge, I also read through Project Pearl by Brother David. The book tells the story of how God provided 1 million Bibles for the persecuted Christians of China. As I read about the trials that these believers had to endure to simply read the Scriptures, as deeper appreciation for God's Word has grown in me and I am thankful for the Bible more than ever before! After the daring mission to bring in 1 million Bibles on a ship was successfully completed, stories and testimonies from Chinese Christians who received the Scriptures made their way to the missionaries who organized the operation. The letters tell of the joy and appreciation these believers experienced when they got their own copy of the Scriptures. Here are just a few excerpts from the testimonies included in the book:

"Thanks to the special grace of the Lord, the food of life you have brought to us has made our hungry hearts full. We received your precious gifts, and embraced them for a long time, not wanting to put them down. Thanks to the grace of our Lord and your loving work, our tears are gushing forth, and we dance and sing Hallelujah!"


"The Light of truth is shining inside China again. The Bible is the store house of truth, the true description of life, the only way to see God, the living testimony of Christ, the source of living water, the mirror that reflects people's hearts, the sword of the Spirit, the bread of life, the standard for our faith, the heavenly law, the lamp unto our feet and the light unto our path, and the way that leads us home to heaven."


"Before when I wanted to read the Bible, I had to walk more than 100 miles to borrow it. Then I had to return it within a short time. Now, after one million copies have been delivered, we obtained some from a sister in Guangzhou, and tens of thousands of hungry sheep have been fed and nourished through God's Word."


These testimonies touched my heart and it is truly amazing to think about how much these precious believers appreciated receiving God's Word after waiting for so long. Sadly, there are still thousands of people today who are still waiting to receive the Scriptures. I encourage you to join me in prayer for these believers that they will be able to get a copy of the Bible so they can learn more about Christ. I would also like to encourage you to check out how you can get involved with Open Door's ministry. They work directly with these persecuted Christians and your support will help them provide copies of God's Word to those who need it.

Reading through the Bible in six months was an inspiring challenge and it is my hope that you will be encouraged to read through the Bible on your own --there are countless treasures waiting for you there!

Blessings!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

How wonderful, Eden! Congratulations on reading the entire Bible in six months! I bet you learned a lot from God's Word while reading.
I would love to read the entire Bible, and I plan on starting hopefully sometime soon! :)
Have a blessed day, and again... Wonderful job, dear friend!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Sereina said...

What a great accomplishment, Eden!

Rachel Beth said...

Wondeful Eden! And a lovely post too.
The Word of the Lord is so precious!
God bless you richly.
Love, Rachel

Haley said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment!