June 10, 2010

Healthy Homemade Pizza

Pizza is one of my family's favorite lunches and this week I made six small pizzas for Sunday's lunch. As promised, here's the recipe:

Healthy Homemade Pizza
Makes 6 small pizzas

6 pocket pita loaves
2 1/2 cups of cashew cheese (recipe here)
2 raw tomatoes, quartered
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 onion
seasonings of your choice

To make the lunch healthier, I try to avoid cooking/baking the veggies longer than necessary and this recipe is almost raw.

Step 1: Chop up the veggies and set aside.



Step 2: Spread your pita pocket with cheese.



Step 3:  Add the chopped vegetables on top and add seasonings.



Step 4: Place your pita pocket in the oven on 350 degrees for 20 minutes. It
should look something like this when it's finished.


Variations: You can add any of your favorite veggies on top to
make a pizza that you'll enjoy. Pasta sauce also makes a great
pizza topping. :-)

Have a blessed day everyone!





P.S. We have five participants for the Friendship Afghans project and would love to have one more join us to make 6! If you or a friend of yours would like to join, please click here for more information. You can also help spread the word by posting about it on your blog! I've set up a poll in the right sidebar so we can choose a color scheme, so if you are a participant please vote!

4 comments:

Jessica Rebekah said...

I LOVE pizza!! I would like to try this out. Thanks for sharing your recipe Eden! :-D

In Christ
~Jess

Rachel Beth said...

This does look good, Eden - much better than shop bought ones too!!

I'd love to join in your friendship afghan but unfortunately we have our hands full at the moment! :( I think it's a great idea and will be following the progress on your blog. :)

God bless you,
Rachel*

Melody said...

Ooh, looks cool! We are also into eating healthy, so I will have to try that sometime. :)

I also wanted to let you know that I've awarded you on my blog!

~Melody

Jessica said...

Hi, I just found your blog and I love it! The pizza and cashew cheese looks so, so good... I have to try it sometime (as soon as possible!). I'm trying to eat healthier ;D And one of my friends is vegan, so she will love this...

Glad I stumbled upon this blog!
God bless
~ Jessica