June 15, 2010

FA: Let's Get Started!

{Picture credit}
Today's the 15th and the starting date for the friendship afghans project! The blue color theme won the vote so we will making twelve 7 inch squares in shades of blue. Since we have six participants, we'll be mailing two of the squares to each participant keeping two for ourselves.  Remember, you can either knit or crochet the squares --whichever craft you prefer. Try different patterns and designs to make your squares unique. Lion Brand has a wonderful Stitch Finder where you can find a wide variety of designs for both knitting and crocheting projects so stop by there for some ideas! However, try to avoid patterns that are lacy or have a lot of holes.

Please visit the Friendship Afghans page to review the guidelines for the project and leave a comment there to update me on your progress!

So get started, and happy crafting!

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, can't wait! ;) I requested some knit/crochet books from the library for stitch patterns to "play" with. ;) Can't wait to see what everyone has done with their squares! :)

Thank you for hosting this Eden! :)

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Brooke O'Shea said...

Oh dear, did I miss out? Oh well, happy crafting y'all!

Johanna said...

I have awarded you!

Leah said...

Yeah! I will try and go to the craft store soon. :D

Can we knit each square differently or should they all be the same pattern/color blue?

(Just wasn't sure what was the plan with that.)

Thanks for hosting this! :)

Blessings,

Leah

Unknown said...

Leah, you can make each square a different color and pattern! As long as it's a shade of blue, the rest is up to you! Happy knitting!

Leah said...

Thanks Eden! I can't wait to get started. :D

Happy knitting/crocheting to you, too, Eden!

And to all who are going to be participating in the friendship afghan!

~Leah

Marissa said...

Since there are only six people, how many squares does this mean we each make? I'm excited to get started! :)
~Marissa

Unknown said...

Marissa ~ We'll be making 12 squares each. Then we'll mail 2 squares to each participant, keeping two for ourselves. Have fun!

Lady Helen Mar ~ Yes, sorry you weren't able to join us this time. We needed participants in multiples of two (we have six participants) and the project started yesterday (the 15th). I'm hoping to host these knit/crochet-alongs periodically here on my blog so please continue to check back!

Rachel Beth said...

All the best with the afghan project! I look forward to see how it comes along! :)
God bless
Rachel

Melody said...

Hi Eden,

I'm really sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to participate in this after all. :( I realized that I've started too many projects for the summer, and I really need to cut back so I'll be able to finish them and also prepare for college!
Again, I'm really sorry to be backing out of this. I hope I don't mess you up too much.

~Melody

Brooke O'Shea said...

Hey, dear! I would Love to join in, but I do not know that I could get all of the squares done by the cut off date. We are making 12?How big do they need to be? Any shade of blue?