March 28, 2010

Crochet Hooks, Mystery Project, and Little Peaches

Last week, Mother took us to a local department store and we spent the afternoon there shopping. While she and the younger children shopped for some spring clothing, I went to the fabric and craft department which had a 25% sale on all their yarns and a large portion of their fabric! I already have quite a bit of fabric waiting to be made into some lovely garment, so I decided to purchase yarn and a set of colorful crochet hooks!

I've also decided to start a great spring project, but I thought you all can have a fun time guessing what I'll be working on. As I make progress, I'll post pictures of the mystery project and you can continue to guess what it is. Once I'm finished the project I'll show you the finished photos, and in addition to revealing the mystery project, there will be a special surprise announced at the end of the project too!

The yarn I'll be using is worsted weight, the project will use about (4) two ounce balls, and a size G6 crochet hook. Any ideas? I know that information won't be very helpful but go ahead and make a guess. :-)


This week I was delighted to discover miniature peaches on our peach tree! They are little fuzzy green buds that look like a tiny peach! How amazing is our Creator who makes such beautiful things for us to look at (and of course eat!).


Hope you all have a blessed week!


5 comments:

Jenna said...

Hi Eden!

I'm glad that you were able to find some great deals at the store! I was actually at a fabric store today. I am going to be sewing tomorrow with a dear friend of mine!
I can't wait to see your project! How exciting!
Have a blessed Lord's Day!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Marissa said...

Hmm.... no guesses on your project yet, but I'm excited to hear more about it! :)
~Marissa

Rachel said...

What fun! :D The yarn you chose for your project is beautiful! :D

Hmm, I could think of a bunch of things you could do, but for spring though...that's a bit harder, and since I don't know you too well yet, I can't make a guess by what you like the most to do. ;) HeHe!

Anyway, I am guessing a vest, or maybe a fun bag to carry around. :) I can't wait to see what you are making! :D I am sure it will turn out lovely though, whatever it is. :)

Have a Blessed Sunday!
~Rachel~

Laura said...

I love that yarn Eden! I think I have to go with Rachel, maybe a fun bag?!
I can't wait to see more pictures!
Blessings,
Laura

Melody said...

Hi Eden! Thanks for following my blog. :) As you can see, I'm now following yours as well!

Ooh, I love to knit and crochet too! I'm guessing with that big of needles, you might be making a bag, or perhaps a light shawl. :) Sounds like fun!

Blessings,

~Melody