March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring!

Today is the first day of spring! I'm so glad that it's finally come around... winter was chilly, wet, and windy. Although, most of the trees here keep their leaves throughout the winter, the high winds that we get so often in the winter months leave the trees, plants, and bushes looking burnt and dry. Of course, with the arrival of spring the gales have quickly vanished and everything is bouncing back to its gorgeous green color! Most of our flowers also bloom year-round, but the bulb plants like freesias, daisies, and spring snowflakes appear only in the spring time and early summer. These are a delight to behold and are always welcomed as heralds of the warmer weather!

I also wanted to give you all a quick update on my arm. I saw the doctor on Thursday and he said that I need to keep the splint on for another two weeks so it can continue to heal while immobilized. It's difficult trying to get by with one hand and I really look forward to when the splint can come off and I can use my hand again! In the meantime, I've been enjoying lots of wholesome poetry. I didn't know that reading poetry could be so much fun! I've been copying my favorite poems into a notebook with my right hand (because my left hand is in a sling) and my right hand's penmanship is getting better every day!

This past week or so I've been taking lots of photos of the blossoming flowers.  Photography is a favorite hobby of mine and it's always fun to capture the simple beauties of God's creation. It was hard to choose which pictures to share on the blog but here are a few of that really highlight the joys of spring:
(remember you can click on any picture to view a larger image)








If you would like to look at more pictures that I've taken, please visit my Picasa web album here.  

What do you like most about spring time? Please comment and share your thoughts on spring.

Hope you all are also enjoying the lovely spring weather we've blessed with here in Bermuda. May you have a blessed weekend!


2 comments:

Moe said...

Those are great pictures Eden! The flowers in Bermuda look a little bit more tropical than the ones over here. We get daisies, bluebonnets (I'll have to post pics of those sometime), and sunflowers. I hope that your arm isn't giving you too much pain.

Moe

Haley said...

Those are some great pictures! :)