February 25, 2010

KCA: The Fun Begins!



Yesterday, Sara and I went into town and visited our local yarn shop. The store didn't have much Vanna's Choice yarn to choose from so I decided to purchase several balls of Lion Brand's Cupcake yarn instead. Cupcake yarn is worsted weight like Vanna's Choice but the gauge works out slightly smaller so I might have to add a border to make up the difference in size. It's really soft and the colors are pretty too, so it's perfect for a baby blanket.


I've already started on making a square! 






I'm continuing to make progress on the Hanover hat. It probably measures about 2 inches right now, so I'm not quite at the halfway mark. I love working with Homespun yarn and this project is lots of fun!

If you haven't joined our knit or crochet along yet, it's not too late to do so. Participants will be knitting a hat or crocheting a baby throw, whichever you project you choose. There is no time limit and the patterns are rated easy so it would be great for beginners too! 




If you've already started working away at your project, please comment and let me know how you all are doing with your projects. 

Blessings, Eden-May

*Sorry if you tried to view this post earlier but weren't able to. I posted this  earlier but had to delete the post because it wasn't displaying properly.*

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I started on my blanket but haven't gotten much done yet! :) I'll post about it on our blog when I get a bit more done. :)

I love the colors you chose; very cute!
-M

Rachel said...

Oh, that should turn out really cute! :D I haven't worked with that yarn before, but it looks like a lot of fun to work with, and the colors are so pretty! :D

I have about 2 inches as well on the hat. I'm sorry I haven't been able to get time to take a picture or blog about that yet...I'll go do that now I think. ;) I know some of my friends are sure to want to join in the fun. :)

Blessings and Hugs!
~Rachel~

Rachel said...

Here's what I've done so far ladies. The picture quality isn't very good, but you get the idea of what I'm doing at least. ;) HeHe!

http://younghomemakers.blogspot.com/2010/02/kca-hat-pt-2.html

I'm having a lot of fun with this so far girls. :) I'm even thinking of doing one of these Knit/Crochet Along's on our blog in awhile after your's is done. :)