February 4, 2010

Winds, Showers, and Cool Temperatures

The real winter weather has set in with winter gales, cold fronts, and chilly temperatures. The weather also gets really humid and rainy. For us in Bermuda, "chilly" is when the mercury sinks below 60 degrees. :-) Yes I know, we're really blessed when it comes to winter weather. The worse we'll get is temperatures in the low 50s, small hail, and storm force winds.

Today, the temperature was around 58 and quite breezy. We stayed warm by bundling up in knitted hats and scarfs, and turned on the oil-filled radiators. It's always fun when we get comfortable in our cozy living room, and read the Bible on chilly nights.  Our family goal for this year is to finish reading through the Bible and right now we're finishing up the book of Deuteronomy. Because we began last year, we are a little ahead and should be able to meet our goal. :-)

~~~

Joy Report for Feb. 4: I was able to finish my blue dish cloth and purchase more yarn to make the next one in the set. I'm glad that my favorite yarn was still available at the yarn shop for an affordable price. Praise God for blessing me with simple things (like yarn) that put a smile on my face. :-)


Blessings,

Eden

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Hi Eden!

What a lovely post, as always! We don't get a very cold winter where I live either! I would love if we had snow, but the Lord has us here for a reason, and I just continue to praise Him everyday for what He's given me!
May the Lord bless you today and always!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Taylor said...

I love reading your posts, Eden! I especially enjoyed this one. :) Getting warm and cozy with your family while reading the Bible on chilly nights sounds exciting! I really like colder weather more than hot weather because we don't get much cold weather where I live either. :) ...So we enjoy it while we can!

God bless,
~Taylor

Moe said...

Sounds like you had a really nice day Eden. So glad to hear that you were able to be able to finish your project! I don't like it when I have to many unfinished projects on my hands (though I seem to have a knack for having lots of unfinished projects lol).

FnGg

Jenna said...

Hi Eden and Sara!

I wanted to let you know that I've awarded you with the Encouraging Blog Award over at my blog... Go check it out! :)

Many Blessings,
Jenna