February 23, 2010

KCA: Getting Started

So I went through my closet a little bit yesterday and found a new ball of Homespun yarn! I think it'll be perfect for the Hanover hat. The pattern calls for Vanna's Choice which is worsted weight (or 4-ply) and size 9 needles, but since Homespun is bulky weight I'm going to use size 8 needles. I done a gauge and it works out just fine.


So far, we don't have any one interested in the crochet-along, but I'm still planning to purchase the yarn needed for the crochet blanket. If you would like to join us for either the knit or crochet-along, please comment below.

Have a blessed day!

~Eden-May

*KCA: Knit/Crochet Along

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Hello Eden! I found out about your knit and crochet-along and I would love to join you! I am going to make the baby throw- it's so cute! :) Thank you for doing this! :)
~Marissa

Moe said...

Hi Eden! I'd like to join the knit along but would it be OK if I did a scarf instead? I'm making it for my 8 yo brothers b'day. And my mom would like to do this too. She is making crocheted place mats and it might help her finish if she did it with us gals.

Sounds like fun if it's possible!
FnGg

Eden said...

FnGg ~ Yes, I'd love to have you and your mother join! It's okay if you decide on another pattern. Please remember to write about it on your blog and link back to Heirs of Promise. ;-)

Marissa ~ Glad to have you join! I'll be starting the throw soon too but first I have to buy some more yarn. Look forward to seeing your progress and please link back to Heirs of Promise when you do write about it so others can join too.

Blessings, Eden

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

I just came across your blog, and I have had a delightful time reading!

I would love to join you but, I have not yet learned how to crochet or knit:) A sweet lady in our church has kindly offered to teach us! I am very excited!!

Blessings...

McKenzie~

Hannah said...

HI Eden,
I know I told you I wanted to join you for this, but I unfortunately I am not going to be able to. It sounds really fun though. I am currently working on a knitting project, and I'd like to post about my process on it on my blog, but I am making it for a friend of mine who reads my blog and I want it to be a surprise for her =D. I may tell a couple friends about this though, is that okay? Sorry I am unable to do this at this time!
~Hannah