February 16, 2010

Knit and Crochet-Along

I haven't posted for several days because I couldn't think of something interesting to write about.  Sometimes, reading through my blog archives helps, and this time it worked. I noticed that I haven't written anything more on the knit/crochet along so here's an update. :-)

Because there seems to be split on which craft should be chosen, I'll feature two patterns, one crochet and the other knit. That way, we can all participate.

If you decide to join me in this knit and crochet-along, please write about your progress on your blog and link back to my blog. If you don't have a blog, you can still participate, just add a comment below letting us know you're joining in.


For the knitters, we'll be working on the Hanover Hat. The pattern calls for Vanna's Choice yarn and size 9(5.5mm) needles. Vanna's Choice is worsted weight yarn so you can substitute it with another yarn of the weight. The pattern is rated beginner and has several good reviews so it should turn out good. :-) To access the pattern, you'll need to register at Lion Brand's website. Registration is free and you gain access to over 2,000 free patterns! :-D 

I'll also be crocheting the 9-patch baby throw. This pattern is rated easy and also uses Vanna's Choice which is easy to substitute. It's made in 9 squares which are sewn together when you're done. I'm sure we could also add a good border around it too. :-)


Feel free to experiment with different yarns and colors to make something uniquely yours. I'll be posting on each project and the yarns I choose tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you all participate!

Blessings,

Eden-May

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I am excited to see the finished product, Eden! I don't think I am going to participate this time, because I am at the beginner stage! :) I would love to take part in something like this in the near future though!
I can't wait to see pictures of your work! :)

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Rachel said...

I think I will join in with you Eden! :) I am doing the hat. ;) I like to make things for my grandmother's charity group she works with (they give out new clothes to various other charities like red cross, salvation army, nursing homes etc.). It's a great way to "test" out new patterns! :D Lol!

Um, was there a time limit or anything for this...just wondering. ;)

Blessings to you dear! :D And thank you for inviting me! :D I can't wait to see everyone's projects! :D I'll be sure to invite our blogging friends from our blog soon too so they can join in the fun! ;)

~Miss Rachel~

Eden said...

Rachel ~ Thanks for joining me! No, there isn't a time limit. Look forward to seeing your progress. ~Blessings, Eden

Unknown said...

I think I would really like to participate in this, Eden! What a fun thing to do! :) My computer isn't actually working at the moment, but I shall be trying to work on the blanket (that's the one I've chosen to do) and try posting things after my new computer arrives.
Thanks again! :)
Blessings,
~Miss Raquel