February 8, 2010

Knit or Crochet-Along?

Recently, I've been thinking about the many practical things we can make by knitting and crocheting. I thought that maybe we can do a knit-along or crochet-along, whichever you all prefer. Together, we can choose a good pattern, then we can all post our progress on our blogs! Preferably, I'd like to use a pattern that is simple, not too difficult or complicated. :-) Lion Brand has a handy pattern finder that allows me to search their patterns based on skill level, yarn, size etc. You can click on the links to look at each pattern and view a large picture.











All of these patterns use worsted weight yarn and are rated beginner or easy. Hopefully, that will make it easier for you to join, regardless of your skill level. If you're a beginner and not sure if you can work through the pattern we decide on, let me know and I may be able to help you.

If you're interested in joining me in this knit or crochet-along, please comment letting me know which craft you'd prefer and which pattern you like best.

Blessings,





*Update: You need to register on Lion Brand's website to view the pattern. Registration is easy and free; and they don't send spam to your email address.*

5 comments:

Hannah said...

This seems like a great idea! I recently have been spinning some yarn, and I thought it would work good for making a hat. I like to knit better that crochet so I think I'd pick the hat. Do you have to join the Lion Brand site to get the pattern?
I learned to knit a while ago, but I am not very good at it. I want to get better =D.
~Hannah

Jenna said...

What a wonderful idea, Eden! I actually just learned how to knit, but I am not very good at it.
I would love to see pictures of the project on your blog! :)

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Eden said...

Hannah ~ Yes, I forgot to mention that you need to register at Lion Brand's website. ~ Eden

Rachel said...

Hello Eden! What a wonderful idea dear! :D And I LOVE the Lion Brand patterns! ;) So many good idea's on their site! :)

I don't know if I will be able to participate yet or not, but I love th knit hanover hat and the 9-patch baby blanket. :) Beautiful! :D

Let me know when you are thinking of doing it and I'll let you know if I can join in the fun okay! ;) They are relatively easy patterns, so it shouldn't be too hard to join in. :)

Blessings to you my dear!
~Miss Rachel~

Jenna said...

Thank you for telling me about this, Eden!

I will try and do it with you, though it may be hard because I'm working on a baby afgan right now and things are picking up here on the farm...if I had to pick a pattern, I think it would be the baby patch Crocheted blanket...I'm better at crocheting than knitting;)

Blessings to you, my friend!
Jenna