September 6, 2010

My 150th Blog Post!

I’m so excited to be writing my 150th blog post! I have a few surprises to announce…but first I’d like to say thank you to each of my 91 followers!

I know this may sound cliché or redundant but I *truly* enjoy all the comments that many of you leave on a regular basis! Your sweet notes of friendship and encouraging comments often make my day. In addition, I would like to thank everyone who has participated in my various knit and crochet-alongs! It’s such a joy to “meet” other Christian girls who love the hobbies I do and I’m amazed to find just how much we have in common! My desire for this blog is that I will be a blessing to everyone who stops by and that by reading about my life and what I’m up to, you will be blessed and encouraged to continue growing in Him.

So without further ado, let me announce a couple of surprises…

First, I’d like to let everyone know about an upcoming event that I am hosting. Several of my Blogger friends and I have a lot of fun chatting with each other on Skype and before long an idea was born…I’ve decided to host a Homeschool Girls Get Together on Skype!

{For those of you who don’t know what Skype is…basically it’s a chat program very similar to Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger, and Yahoo Messenger. You don’t need a webcam or mic to use Skype and you can download it for free by clicking here.}

On September 19th at 4pm EST (3pm CDT & 1pm PDT) there will be a “Homeschool Girls Get Together” on Skype. The get-together is for any Christian, homeschooled girls (age 14-20). For the first 10 minutes or so everyone will be able to introduce themselves…you can share a little bit about you, how long you’ve been homeschooled, where you blog etc. Then we will go on to discuss how we as young ladies can use our time wisely to help our home as well as Christ’s church. Certainly, this will be a chat you don’t want to miss!

If you’d like to attend, please send me an email by clicking here. Please make the subject line “Homeschool Girls Get Together” and include your Skype username. If you’ve never used Skype before and would like to get some help signing up, please let me know! {Remember, it’s free and you don’t need a webcam!}

Okay, I’m sure you’re wondering what the second surprise is…I won’t hold you in suspense any longer! I’ll be mailing lovely Bermuda postcards to each of my followers who leaves a comment on this blog post before September 15th…just as a simple way to say“thank you” for following and leaving sweet comments on my blog! So to receive a Bermuda post card, leave a comment with your blog address {or email address so I can contact you!} and make sure to let me know that you’re a follower! :)

Bermuda

Thanks again for reading all my blog posts –even though they’re boring sometimes! I hope everyone has a blessed day…and I’m looking forward to the homeschool get together on the 19th!

Blessings!
Edensig

27 comments:

Jenna said...

Dearest Eden,
I am so excited about the Skype get together! That will be so much fun to talk with other like-minded young ladies!
I would LOVE to have a post card from Bermuda! My email address is wheretheheartremains@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Many Blessings,
Jenna

Melody said...

Wow - you come up with some really cool ideas! I would love to be a part of both of these things (I emailed you about the chat). So please send me a bermuda postcard! :) My blog email is vividryblog[at]gmail[dot]com. (and I'm fine with you posting this comment).

Blessings & congrats,
~Melody

Jenna said...

Congratulations on 150 posts! I have enjoyed each one of them and have also greatly loved getting to know you:)

I will ask my mom and dad's permission about the Skype get together...we shall see:)

Keep writing for Him, dear friend!
Love,
Jenna (Feminine Farmgirl)

p.s. A postcard from a dear friend in Bermuda would be great fun! Thank you!

Haley said...

Congratulations on 150 posts! :) That would be so neat to get a postcard from Bermuda! My e-mail address is bakergirl10@inbox.com. :) Can't wait! :D

Lots of love,
Haley

Nancy said...

I'm a fairly recent follower of yours and have enjoyed all your posts. I wish I were a homeschooled girl so I could join your get together.
I would love to receive a post card from Bermuda.
Thank you,
Nancy at njones127 at tampabay dot rr dot com.

Taylor said...

What a fun and creative way to celebrate, Eden! I'll have to think about participating in the homeschool girls skype get-together... It sounds like an exciting event for sure! ;)

I would just *love* to receive a Bermuda postcard... and coming from you will make it even *lovelier*! :D As you know, I am a follower. Here is my email address:

livingradically4christ(at)gmail(dot)com

I can't wait to here from you!

Oh, and I have to say your posts are NOT boring!! I absolutely love reading each and every one. :) It's been a true joy and pleasure getting to know you on Blogger!

Much love,
--Taylor--

Emily Nicole said...

Hello Sweet Eden,

Congratulations on 150 posts! I have so enjoyed your posts and getting to know you. You are truly a lovely young woman who loves the Lord with all of her heart. Thank you for sharing your life with us. :)

I can't tell you how excited I am about the Skype get together! It is going to be so much fun! I'll do a post about it later in the week.

Also, I would LOVE to receive another postcard from Bermuda! I was so excited when you sent my last one!

Many Blessings,
Emily

Lindsay said...

Oh... how exciting, Eden! I will have to look into Skype again. I've always thought you had to have a webcam. Hmmm... I'll have to look into it! :)

And of course I want a postcard from Bermuda! Here's my email: contentinchristblog[at]gmail[dot]com

Congrats on 150 posts! I have loved reading your blog, Eden. And like Taylor said, your posts are *not* boring! Really. :)

~ Much Love,
Lindsay <3

Frannie said...

Greetings Eden!
May the Lord bless you for using your blog for His glory. I believe that since I became a follower, I have been blessed (and humored)
by every post I have read. Congratulations!

And I would love to recieve a postcard from you. . .what fun! :o)
My email address is authentic_virtue@yahoo.com


Your Skype idea is really great! (And I find it so neat to have 20 as the age limit. . .whew I made
the cut!) I will ask my parents about it, but even if I don't show up, I truly hope you ladies enjoy your time!

With many blessings! Frannie

Jaime said...

Hi!! I would love to get a postcard!! My email is deadtosinalivetogod@gmail.com-----my blog is straighttalktogirls.blogspot.com. I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading you posts--they are NOT boring!!! Thanks!!

~Jaime

Johanna said...

Why is there an age limit? Guess I am out then....Oh well!!!

Lulu said...

Hello Eden!!
I thought for SURE I was a follower-but I checked and I wasn't, but I am now. :) I know we've emailed a couple of times. :)
my email:
luluemailme@gmail.com
(don't mind if you post this comment)
The Skype get together sounds fun!! I'll have to ask my mother if I can download Skype. :)

Have a blessed day!!
Lulu

Lulu said...

Oh-I almost forgot, I'm only 12 (almost 13.)...I guess I won't be able to do the Skype get together. Oh well! Next time! Hope you ladies have an enjoyable time though!

Amanda said...

What a cool idea! Congrats on 150 posts!
My email is amanda@farmgirlwrites.com - I'd love to receive a postcard from Bermuda!

And I will say - your posts are not boring! I love reading your blog!

Rachel Beth said...

Congratulations on your 150th blog post, Eden!
I just want to tell you again that I'm so glad to have met you and that I really enjoy reading your blog! :)

Looking forward to the "Homeschool Girls Get Together"!

God bless you.
Lots of love,
Rachel*

Grace said...

Hello, Miss Eden! I just found your blog through Where the Heart Remains and am your new follower! You have a lovely blog by the way! I am very excited to participate in your Skyping chat, but must ask my Mother's consent first.
I would love to get a postcard all the way from Burmuda! What a lovely treat! My blog address is gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com!
Hope you are having a blessed day!
Many Blessings from A Sister in Christ,
~Grace~

Susannah said...

I am difinitely a follower!! I love your blog! :)
I'd love to get a postcard from Bermuda :)

~Susannah


susannahr (at) rocketmail (dot) com

Brooke O'Shea said...

Congratulations, Eden! Thank you for your posts and comments they are always so encouraging!
I wish I could join in but I will be unable to. Have fun though!
Through Christ,
LH

Lydia said...

Hello!

I am a new follower of yours and I have joined the "Knit and Crochet for Romania's orphans" (I was not added to the list yet). I have already made a hat and have another one on the way! I am really excited about the project!

Blessings,
Lydia

Shelley said...

150! Awesome! Congrats Eden! Cool Bermuda postcard! My email is chinagirl7123@gmail.com and I follow your nice blog! Cool and creative ideas! Also, I tagged you! I don't know if you do those, but if so, just go to my Tags & Awards page at the top of my sidebar, the its there! :)

Fair Maiden said...

Eden, I love your idea for a Homeschool Girls Get Together! If it wasn't for the fact that I'll have a new baby on my hands, I would join in since I just fit into the age limit! :) Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely get together filled with lots of great, encouragement!

Congratulaions on 150 posts!!!! I enjoy reading your blog a lot!

I just realized that I wasn't officially following your blog (which is strange because I thought I was) but if it still counts, I would love to receive a Bermuda post card!!! :) You can email me at kasalveggio (at) gmail (dot) com

Jessica Rebekah said...

Congrats of your 150th post, Eden! =D sorry for the late comment.

I love reading your blog posts! =D
I'm looking forward to the skype get together! =)

God bless
Love
~Jess

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your congratulations! I'm truly blessed to have wonderful followers like you! Everyone who left their email address here will be receiving an email from me shortly about the postcards. :-) Blessings!

Bethany said...

Hello Eden :) I'm a new follower and though this is my first comment I love the postcard idea :) Can't wait to get to know you more through the skype get together and your blog!

God Bless,
Bethany

Lauren said...

Hello,I'm your newest follower. You have a very pretty blog, I love your background. I would love a Bermuda postcard!
Lauren

www.glutengobyebye.com
lalaharps@comcast.net

Sonja Langford said...

Hi Eden!

I've loved reading your blog, seeing your photos, and "watching" you grow deeper in a relationship with God! Congratulations on reaching 150 posts! I'm slowly working my way up to 100. :-)

I would love to receive a postcard from Bermuda! I believe you already know my e-mail, but just in case here it is again: girlishmusings{at}gmail{dot}com

Blessings,
Sonja

Penny Craig said...

Hi Eden!
I am a new reader to blog. I really like your knitting posts, especially the ones like the knitting for orphans, and the friendship afghans. What a wonderful idea!
I would love a postcard from Bermuda!
It must be so interesting to live there; I'm sure it is so beautiful!!
Also, I will be praying for you and your family, and all the other people on Bermuda for protection from "Igor".
In Him,
~Penny
ponderingsof-penny.blogspot.com
pennya.craig@gmail.com