September 23, 2010

A New Season!

Yesterday began a new season –autumn! I just ♥ autumn! It’s my second-favorite season, just after spring. :) 

Usually, the leaves here don’t change color or fall because it doesn’t get cool enough. But this year is different! The hurricane’s high winds “burnt” the leaves so now many of the trees look brown. Actually, it looks more like late autumn in New England. The foot trails near our home are covered in leaves and you can often hear chainsaws cutting away at branches and trees that have fallen into the roads.

IMGP5854{look at all the brown trees in a distance}

IMGP5842 {more brown trees}

One thing I love about autumn is the crispy mornings. During the summer time here, the humidity can be quite high so I always enjoy the cool, fresh air that comes along with autumn. It’s such a joy to take walks in the warm, early morning sun and I just love being outdoors without wilting in the heat!

During the autumn months, I love having more fun outside. Gardening, bird watching, and cycling are a few activities that I look forward to doing now that the weather is more comfortable outside. I also hope to do more photography!

For some reason, as soon as the weather turns cooler I also enjoy more indoor crafts as well. I’m hoping to work on a few projects that I started earlier this year and really need to finish! I’ve been working away steadily at the friendship afghan squares and a few hats for the Romanian orphans. One friend asked what I plan to do with the Baby Wool that I featured in a recent blog post. Well, I’m crocheting a beautiful scarf for a friend of mine! Oh, I just love the colors in this scarf!

IMGP5822 

Speaking of crafts, I’d like to know how you all are doing with the project to make hats for Romania. The mailing deadline is October 10th. If you don’t get the hats mailed to the ministry’s U.S. office before the Oct. 10th, your hats will need to be mailed directly to the orphanage in Romania which will cost you more! We are hoping to have 100 hats made, once for each child so if you’re a participant please leave a comment and let me know how many you’ve completed! If you aren’t participating right now but you can knit, crochet, or sew and you think you’ll be able to finish before the deadline, feel free to join us! We're always glad to have another participant. :-)

My dear friend Emily spent the past week or so redesigning my blog and I think she did a fabulous job! What do y’all think about my new blog design?

Emily also designed a lovely blog button for me!You can find the code in my right sidebar. Feel free to share my blog with your friends. And if you post it on your blog’s sidebar before Sept. 28th you can gain an extra entry in my giveaway! Just be sure to let me know you grabbed my button in a comment on my giveaway post.

Oh, please tell me what you enjoy most about autumn? Is it the cooler temperatures? The falling leaves? Share what you love about this new season in a comment below!

Blessings!
Edensig 

10 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh, I just love the beautiful and cool season of Autumn as well! It brings such joy to my heart in knowing that Autumn is finally here! :)
I absolutely LOVE the scarf you are making for your friend. It is beautiful, and you are truly talented. I'm sure your friend will feel so blessed to have it!
I also really like your new blog design. Emily did a fantastic job!
May the Lord bless you and your dear family!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Anonymous said...

I love the changes in the weather, just alot cooler and less humidity as well. The leaves change color and it's really pretty.

Also it's wonderful for all those good comfort meals and night walks.

I'm glad your family came through the hurrican alright!

Sereina said...

One of my favorite things about autumn is everything changing colors. Everything is so beautiful during fall!

Kate said...

Well, I have atleast four hats to send - still working on it. The new blog design is absolutely lovely!

Bethany d said...

Fall is the perfect season. Not too hot or cold. *grin*

Your blog design is wonderfuly lovely!! I *love* your blog!

-- those colors on the scarf -- *sighs* how beautiful. ;)

~Bethany

Anonymous said...

Eden we just love your blog...I love when it is Fall..its not to hot but its not to cold....my sister loves the summer time..she loves all the sun and flower.


~In Christ~
The Jordan Sisters

www.Jordansisters2.blogspot.com

Anna said...

I like the cooler temperatures of autumn. We have had a couple of lovely days recently! Today, however, is typically grey and dull.

I really like your new blog design too! Is the photo of the piano in the header one which you play on?

Blessings,
Anna

Susannah said...

I love the color changing leaves and cool air most :)

Love your new blog design!

I currently have 6 hats done...the 7th is almost done. Did the date for shipping them change? I thought it was the 15th and that is right after we get back from vacation, so if it really is the 10th then I guess we'll have to mail them on our way home :)

~Susannah

Lydia said...

I just love your blog design and button! It is so pretty and feminine! I have been trying to creat a blog button, but am having a hard time getting it how I want.

Love,
Lydia

Unknown said...

Hello Eden!

I will have at least 7 baby hats to mail in.

Btw-love your new blog design. :) I also really like the colors for that scarf you are making.

I am so glad that Fall is finally here! Its still warm here in Tennessee, but its getting cooler at night time. The mornings are beautiful!

Have a wonderful day,
Melanie
P.S. I am going to "advertise" the knitting thing on my blog. Just thought I would let you know-I am going to link them to your blog.