September 20, 2010

We’re All Safe!

Just wanted to thank you for all your prayers! We’ve been truly blessed and spared. The worst of the storm passed us late last night…and the winds were HOWLING! It was amazing to listen to the huge amounts of energy that was being released by that hurricane!

I’m delighted to report that we never lost electricity during the storm! We woke up this morning to see the fan still spinning and the clock was telling the right time. :) Our house has sustained no damage and everyone in my family is safe! –even our two kitties, Onyx & Opal are fine! ;)

The large majority of our island is without electricity. We have one power company that provides the island with electricity and they reported that 30,000 of their 35,000 customers are without power this morning. I’m so AMAZED that we didn’t lose our power! Praise God!

The local Government has reported that there have been no deaths or major injuries! We do see lots of branches that have been blown over and even a few trees. I’ll try to take photos to share with you later. It’s still quite windy outside and raining off and on and the Police have asked that the public stays off the roads so that they {and other organizations/companies} can properly assess the damage. But the weather will only continue to improve and tropical storm force winds should ease by this afternoon. My family and I are observing Yom Kippur today and will be fasting until sunset so I won’t be online to chat or tweet but just thought to update everyone here!

Once again, it’s obvious that God has answered the prayers of His people! I cannot begin to thank you all enough for praying for us!

Have a blessed day! {and look out for my blogoversary post later today!}

Edensig

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh, Praise the Lord! I am so happy that your family is safe! God is so good. May He continue to bless you and keep you, dear friend!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Unknown said...

i have been praying for you and i am so glad that God has blessed you and yours!

Haley said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that y'all are safe! And you have electricity, too! What an unexpected blessing!

Love and hugs,
Haley

Sereina said...

I'm so glad your all save and doing well!

Anna said...

I'm so pleased to hear that you are all safe and that there wasn't much damage done to your home! It is an answer to prayer indeed!

In Christ,
Anna

Taylor said...

PRAISE THE LORD! =) That's wonderful news, Eden. I'm so happy to hear your electricity never went out! Isn't God amazing?!

I can't wait for your giveaway post! ;)

Much love,
<3 Taylor

Cassia said...

It was exciting to see God answer prayer!! I was checking the online newspaper often, and it was exciting to read the good changes Igor was making!

So glad your all okay!

I was wondering: While reading something by I think it was your President, (somebody Brown?), I was wondering if you knew if he was a Christen? Just the way the article read I was wondering if he was.

Have a wonderful, and blessed Yom Kippur!

~Cassia :D

Cassia said...

I for got to add:

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

:)

~Cassia

Eldarwen said...

Praise God!! :D I'm so happy for you and your family! :D

Love you!
Eldarwen