September 18, 2010

We’re just about ready…

So we’re just about finished all our preparations for the hurricane which is supposed to start with tropical storm force winds late tonight. We’ve brought all our outside stuff indoors so nothing gets taken away by the wind. We’ve also brought in quite a few potted plants that we normally keep outdoors.

IMGP5367 {We brought these beautiful vincas in so they can survive the storm}

I’ve just finished charging my laptop, iPod, and cell phone as we’re expecting to lose electricity sometime tonight or early tomorrow morning. My laptop will probably hold its charge for about 3 hours –after that it’ll go into “hibernation” and won’t boot again until I recharge it. I’m planning to leave my cell phone off, saving it’s charge for emergencies. And I’m going to be using my iPod sparingly so it can last at least a few days. :)

A bit of good news though: Hurricane Igor has weakened, albeit slightly and is now a category 2 storm. However, it’s a still a strong storm which has a lot of potential to cause lots of damage as it’s large {about 550 across} and moving slowly.

hurricaneigor2{Satellite image of Hurricane Igor}
*If you want to read local news coverage of the storm, click here or here* 

Thanks for leaving those sweet comments on my last post! I’m encouraged by them. :D Again, I’ll try to update y’all as I’m able to but we’re unplugging the internet modem, router, and all other electrical stuff in a few minutes to protect them from lightning storms and power outages. So it’s likely this will be my last post for at least the next several days. :(

Don’t despair though! Monday is my 1 year blogging anniversary and I have a scheduled post {complete with an AWESOME giveaway!} that will be automatically published –regardless of if I have internet or not.

Hope everyone has a blessed week and thanks for your continued prayers!
Edensig 

3 comments:

Sereina said...

I'll be praying for you and your family, Eden!

Leah said...

Praying that you, your family, and Bermuda stay safe!

Your in my and my family's prayers!

Looking forward to that giveaway! :-D

Blessings,

Leah

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

Wonderful colorful photographs and a blog is considered an excellent and readable. I like it very much. Come take a look Teuvo pictures blogs and comment there. Thank you in advance for visiting. Would you be kind and tell your friends involved Teuvo Pictures blog. Thank you for Teuvo Vehkalahti Suomi Finland