July 14, 2010

Comments and Oral Surgery :(

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to leave many comments on my friends' blogs lately! I've been very busy this past few days with riding lessons every evening which is usually an hour long...and it takes me about half an hour in transit each way. In addition, I'm trying to remain consistent in my GED studies, and also working on the friendship afghan and apron swap in my spare time. I'm still reading all your posts and emails but just don't have the time to reply to all  of them right away. So please don't worry, I'm still here and I'm hoping next week will be a bit quieter and I can do some catching on blogging and emails!

Tomorrow morning, I'll be going in for a consultation with an oral surgeon for minor oral surgery that I'll be having soon. I've had braces on for almost 3 years and I have to get this minor surgery done to hopefully finish up with them. I'm hoping that I get an appointment for the surgery earlier rather than later...as I would like to get it done soon so I can continue with my braces. I had oral surgery about 3 years ago when I first got my braces, but this procedure will be different (hopefully, easier!). I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing, so please pray that everything will go well. I should have an appointment for the surgery tomorrow and will keep you all updated. Thanks for your prayers!

Have you had braces on before? How long did you wear them and did you need oral surgery too? 
Share your experiences in a comment below!

11 comments:

Sky said...

I had braces for 2 years (even though my teeth were really straight and even the techs said I had great teeth they were apparently crowded) and the same day I got them on I went to Raisin' Canes Chicken Fingers and broke two brackets...oops ) I've had 4 teeth removed but my mom says it doesn't count as oral surgery hehe I hope you have minimal pain and a speedy recovery!


Schy

Sereina said...

I'll be praying that everything goes well!

Mia said...

Hello Eden,
I've had braces on for a touch over a year now. Yes, I've had oral surgery before, and I can sympathize with the nervousness. :) I had a one tooth removed because it had erupted over another, and the other had to be removed because it was laying lengthwise underneath gum. :(
I can't say I wasn't frightened at first at the upcoming surgery, but after talking this over with my family, they prayed over me and with me throughout the entire thing. My fears disappeared by the grace of Yahweh, and a couple weeks later I had my braces put in, completely pain-free.
I'll be praying for you, that everything goes smoothly, and that your recovery period will fly by and you'll find yourself back to normal in no time. :)

Blessings,
Shana

Eldarwen said...

I'll pray that everything goes well with your oral surgery, Eden! I hope you have a blessed rest of the week!! :-)

Lindsay said...

Oh, I hope your oral surgery goes well, Eden! Yes, I had braces for about 2 1/2 years. About a year into them, I had to have 4 of my teeth pulled (I have a really small mouth, so there wasn't room for all my teeth.) But you know, getting those teeth pulled wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected (thankfully!). Anyway, I'll be thinking about you! :)

-- much love,
Lindsay <3

Moe said...

Praying for you Eden. That's gotta be a bit nerve-racking :(.

Moe

Shelley said...

I currently have braces now. I have for about 2 years. I never had to have oral surgery. I'll pray that all goes well with the oral surgery! :)

--Shelley

Taylor said...

Oh, Eden! I'll be praying for your oral surgery to go very well!!

I finally got braces this past May (I've needed them for a LONG time now!), so I'm a bit of a newbie to all of this. :D I have two baby teeth still because the adult teeth are impacted in my top gums. My orthodontist says that if the adult teeth won't come down on their own (after the baby teeth are pulled) then I'll have to see an oral surgeon. ...So, it looks like there might be some type of oral surgery in my future! But at this point we're still unsure.

Either way, I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers! I now understand how nervous and even painful the whole process can be. I just try to think about the end result of it all, and tell myself it really will be worth it! ;D

Oh, and I completely understand about not being able to comment on everyone's blogs right now. Our family has a lot going on, so I'm finding it hard to make much time for blogging lately as well.

Anyway, sorry for leaving such a long comment! I hope you have a blessed weekend. :)

Love,
~Taylor

Brooke O'Shea said...

Eden, I have been meaning to post about everything including the Friendship Afgan, but life has been so hectic. I have finished the first square and started on the second one. Yes, I did get blue; I am quite in love with the shade I chose! Thank you for checking in!
Through Christ,
LH

Emily Shae said...

Thank you for following my blog! I repaid the favor.

Love & Peace,
Emily

KyAnn said...

I hope everything went well! I had braces for two years but I didn't have surgery. The braces hurt at first but the pain really does go away after a while. It's not too bad, but adjustments hurt! Good luck!
KyAnn
http://bloommagazine.webs.com