July 21, 2010

Long Summer Days

This shady tree in our front yard is a favorite summer spot for us!
Oh the long, hot days of summer! The temperature this week has been hovering around 85 degrees which isn't too bad by itself, but Bermuda is famous for it's high level of humidity and heat plus humidity can make for some not-so-pleasant summer weather! We've been trying to stay cool and comfortable by swimming in the afternoons and staying near the fans and air conditioning during the hottest hours of the day! While indoors, I've been working steadily on both the friendship afghan and apron swap, studying, and reading lots of books. It's so easy to slip into the "lazy summer" attitude but I've been striving to be productive and remain cool at the same time!

Many of my afternoons are occupied with Project Ride classes. I'm preparing for the riding test that I'll be taking on Friday. I've been working with the instructor for almost 2 weeks now and really look forward to passing the test and getting my license so I can ride a motorbike!

Because of the heat, gardening has been somewhat neglected over the past few weeks. We try to do most of our outdoor activities early in the morning or shortly before sunset when it's a bit cooler. Exercise, swimming, and trips out to the post office, grocery store, and field trips are all done during the more comfortable times of day leaving little time for gardening and other hard outdoor jobs. So the garden has taken a seat on the back-burner for now. When the weather cools a bit, we'll continue once more as I really enjoy gardening!

Mom took these photos for me while we had fun in the pool:

I'm staying cool and having fun at the same time!

Leah & Jude enjoy playing with each other in the pool!

On a quick side note: I would like to thank everyone who has left an encouraging comment for me on my last post about my upcoming surgery. Mom signed the consent forms on Monday and now we're just waiting for an appointment. Because we only have one medical hospital on the island, all the surgeons have to wait for open time slots in the OR. But I'm praying that I get an appointment sooner rather than later...

Hope everyone is having a blessed, productive week!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

It looks like you are having a lovely summer, full of productivity!
I will continue to pray for you, that the Lord will bless your surgery.

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Sereina said...

Sounds like your enjoying your summer! And I'm continuing to pray for your surgery, Eden.

Shelley said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing summer! I find in this heat it is hard to go out on those usual bike rides and walks. Also I realize how much energy we're using as we turn our ACs up. Swimming is a great way to conserve energy and stay cool!

And about the oral surgery, I'll pray for you! Stay strong!