July 12, 2010

Watermelon Pineapple Blend

My sister Sara and I were playing around in the kitchen earlier this summer and discovered that pineapple and watermelon make a mouth-watering blend! After a bit more experimentation, I came up with this recipe. We all love this refreshing summer treat and it tastes delicious when frozen in an ice cube tray too!

All you need is a couple of simple ingredients:

1/8 watermelon, cubed
1 can of Dole pineapple slices (in juice)
5-6 ice cubes

Step 1: Cut the watermelon into large cubes.


Step 2: Add the watermelon cubes and pineapple slices to blender. 


Step 3: Add pineapple juice from can and blend. Then add ice cubes and
blend again.


Serve immediately or place in fridge. This recipe tastes delicious frozen! :-) Enjoy!
(Makes about 3 eight ounce servings)

Give this recipe a try, and please let me know if you enjoy it!

2 comments:

~Desiree~ said...

Hi! I am checking to see it you got the e-mail about your apron swap partner. Please let me know.

Fiddlin Girl said...

Hello!! I am new to your blog..

I saw that you followed my dear friend, Samantha, at Simple Delights. I see people's profile pics on the follower list and always wish I could visit their blog!! So, when you posted a comment on Johanna's blog, I was so excited to finally find your blog!! ;) Sorry, that sounds confusing.. any way, you have a very nice blog, and you sound like a very sweet, Godly young woman.

I am 16, too, though I am turning 17 in a week. Kind of fun, I guess! lol!

You can visit my family's blog (we share a blog together) at www.jcangus.blogspot.com

Hope you come by and please leave a comment if you do!! I love comments..

Love in Christ,
Sarah