July 10, 2010

Summer With A Purpose: Week Four

Thanks to everyone who left sweet comments on my last post about sewing. I appreciate all your tips and helpful information and will be sure to look back on those comments as I continue my sewing journey. I did start working on the jumper without a pattern and hopefully it'll turn out the way I want it to. :-) It's quite challenging, but I'm sure I can finish it by God's grace.

Ships of Mercy: The Remarkable Fleet Bringing Hope to the World's Forgotten Poor

This week, I was also able to finish Project Pearl. And now I've started reading Ships of Mercy and I enjoy reading every page! It's a really good book about how the Mercy Ships mission was started and how God helped them along the way.



I'm sure you all know by now that I finally finished the 9-Patch Baby Throw this week! I've been working on this project for quite a while now so I was really happy to complete it. I've started the friendship afghan squares and will post photos of them soon!

This week, I spent two evenings at Project Ride which is a motorcycle riding course that is mandatory for teens who wish to ride bikes. Most Bermudians teenagers take this course and then get their own motorbike --which is the most common mode of transportation around our island. I'm looking forward to finishing the course and passing the test!


When I'm not reading or learning something new like bike riding or sewing, you can find me working on studying for the GED and trying out even more recipes in the kitchen. I'll be posting yet another recipe here soon that you all are sure to enjoy!

I found a cool Twitter widget that allows me to post Twitter updates to my blog sidebar. I enjoy sharing my favorite Scripture verses, quotes, and what ever else is on my mind. ;-) So have a look at in in my right sidebar!

Hope all of you have a blessed weekend!

P.S. Lady Helen Mar over at Thoughts from Ellerslie has joined us in the Friendship Afghans project so we are no longer looking for a participant. Thanks for joining us Lady Helen and thank you to everyone who helped spread the word!

2 comments:

Brooke O'Shea said...

Thank you , Eden, I am quite excited about the Friendship Afgan!!!
I will definitely be looking forward to the recipe!
God Bless on your class and the GED!!
Through Christ,
LH

Emily said...

And now I've learned something new about Bermuda! That's really neat. Bermuda is where my parents went on their honeymoon almost 22 years ago! :)

I hope your studying is going well, and I'm about to go look at that watermelon pineapple blend... hmm!

Be blessed,
Emily