July 16, 2010

Summer With A Purpose: Week Five and Surgery Update

This week I purchased fabric for the apron swap and also got some more yarn for the friendship afghan project. It's always fun to work with new fabric and yarn and I've been enjoying these two projects. So far, I've made almost 3 afghan squares and I'm about halfway finished the apron. Mom also purchased some additional fabric for me so I can make another skirt! Thanks Mom!!! :-D I'm trying a new pattern for each afghan square, and it's been fun to figure out different stitches and discover the new textures they produce.

Ah, the joys of sewing!

The needle at work :-)

The two finished afghan squares... I love the shades
of blue!

Thank you to everyone who left comments on my last post about the appointment with my oral surgeon. Truth be told, my appointment didn't go as I anticipated. When I went in to his office, we were planning to discuss a minor surgery which involves placing a small orthodontic screw in my mouth so my orthodontist can finish her work with the braces. However, when he took an x-ray he discovered that all of my four wisdom teeth need to be removed because two of them are coming in at an unnatural angle and the other two don't have enough space. In order to pull out all four teeth and place the screw in my mouth, he will be performing the surgery while I'm under a general anesthetic at our local hospital. I'm am very nervous about the whole procedure as I've never been under general anesthesia before. Actually, I've never been admitted to the hospital for any surgery or other procedures! Again, I'm praying that I get an early appointment as the hospital operating rooms are usually booked weeks in advance. It's difficult to think about waiting a long time for an appointment while being very nervous but I'm praying that God gives me peace about the whole situation and that He will give me the courage I need to go through with it. Please pray for me that I won't be anxious about all of this. 

Hope everyone had a blessed week! 

Did you have to get your wisdom teeth pulled? Have you had to go under general
anesthesia before? Share your experiences and stories below!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh... how fun, Eden! Isn't sewing the best? :)

I'm praying that God will give you peace about getting your wisdom teeth out! I know you must be nervous. I know I will be when my turn comes! =/

Anyway, I hope you're having a lovely Friday in Bermuda! ;)

-- much love,
Lindsay

Moe said...

Goodness! I'm sorry about that Eden. I think that it'll be easier to have the wisdom teeth pulled now though. I'm praying that God will give you assurance in a nervous time.

Moe

Sereina said...

Oh yes, I'l be praying for you!

Sonja Langford said...

Congratulations on the progress you've made in the sewing department! I love knowing that projects are working well! :-D

I'll pray for you! My mother had her wisdom teeth removed, so I'm hoping that I won't have to have them taken out either!

With Much Love and Blessings,
Addie

Lexie said...

Very cool Eden I plan on getting a sewing machine soon so I will have something to keep me busy while I'm at college when I have free time on the weekends when I'm not busy.

Fiddlin Girl said...

Ooh, sounds like you are having fun, and not having fun! lol! Well, I will pray for you, my friend! I haven't even had teeth pulled (only had to wear a retainer, though not the one you wear after braces). However, my older sister had her teeth pulled when she was younger. She was asleep during the surgery, and said she couldn't feel anything.. then when mom took her out to get a milkshake (you won't want to eat hard solids for a while!), she said she had stuff dribbling all down her chin and she couldn't feel a thing.. so, eat in front of a mirror!! lol! That probably doesn't help much, but thought I would share anyway. ;)

Have a wonderful blessed Sunday!

Love in Christ,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, how dreadful. I dread the day when my wisdom teeth come in! I pray that you have courage and a tremendous peace when you have your surgery!

Frannie said...

Eden, you are in my prayer and thoughts. I will pray that God will give you the peace to know that He is in control! He knows every detail and is earnestly watching over you! :)

Your pictures were really cute too!
Have a blessed day, Frannie

Anna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your teeth. It doesn't sound very nice at all. I will be praying for you.

Blessings,
Anna

Jenna said...

Dear Eden!

First I want to apologize for my lack of commenting lately...I'm still here:)

Anyways, I am praying that the Lord gives you extra peace and strength while you are having the procedure done.

I went under general anasthesia a few years ago when I had something removed from my tongue...that is my only experience with it;)

When you get a date scheduled for the surgery, please email me with your prayer request and I'll post it on my prayer blog!

Blessings dear friend~
Jenna

Shelley said...

I'll pray for you!

Leah said...

Hi Eden! I apologize for my lack of comments and lack of reading your blog!

I didn't realize how long it has been since I was on your blog!

I hope your surgery goes well! I will be praying! When is your surgery? Has it already past?

I love your crocheting squares! One of my yarn colors is almost the same as your light blue! :D

I just learned to crochet today!!!

So I am debating whether to crochet or knit all of mine... :-) I have ONE square done. :-(
But I am really trying to catch up. :-)

I hope to be reading your blog more and catching up with your goings-on. :-)

Blessings,
Leah