July 30, 2010

Summer With A Purpose: Week Seven

Oh, I can't believe it's Friday already! This week has flown by so quickly. By God's grace, I accomplished a lot since last Friday's SWAP post. :-) I had fun practicing my sewing skills as I made an apron for Desiree's apron swap. This Thursday and Friday were public holidays in Bermuda so I had to mail the apron earlier than planned. In the rush I forgot to take finished photos but the girl receiving it said she'll take photos once it reaches her. :-) 


Once I completed the apron, I sewed a skirt for myself using some beautiful fabric Mom bought for me a few weeks ago. I used a simple pattern that I found online and I think it turned out lovely. 






In the Presence of My EnemiesIn between sewing projects, I've also been working away at my summer book list. I finally finished the book Ships of Mercy by Don Stephens which is about a Christian ship ministry that provides free medical care to poor countries. It was a blessing to read about how God has led willing men and women to serve Him and help others using the skills and talents that they have.

The next book I've begun reading is In the Presence of My Enemies by Gracia Burnham. The book is a true story about a Christina couple that was kidnapped in the Philippines while on vacation. They were held against their will by a terrorist group for over a year. They remained hostages for over a year before Gracia was rescued and her husband tragically killed during the rescue attempt. The book tells of how the author relied on her faith in God and maintained her trust in Him even while she was under very trying circumstances. It's been interesting reading the book so far and I'll be sure to tell you all when I'm finished!


Another goal I met this week was my Project Ride classes. I took the riding test on Monday and, I must admit that I was nervous but I passed the first time. Praise God! I got my youth riding license which I was really excited about! All the time and work I put into learning finally paid off! :-D


I've also been in contact with Hand of Help which is the ministry I mentioned in last week's SWAP post. I'm planning to organize yet another knit/crochet along --this time to benefit the orphans of Botosani, Romania. I have some fun ideas and will be providing more details early next month so stay tuned!


Thank you to everyone who let me know that they can still view my blog. It was a relief to know that you all are still there! I haven't been able to figure out why we're having this problem but hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Sonja Langford said...

Eden,

It looks like you've had a productive week! I love the skirt! You did a fantastic job with it! Congratulations about passing the test!

With Many Blessings From Your Friend,
Sonja

Love Abounds At Home said...

You're skirt is beautiful! You did a great job :)

Sereina said...

Sounds like a great week! I love the skirt, Eden!

Much love,
Sereina

Jenna said...

Wonderful post, dear friend! It looks as though you've had a very productive week! I love the skirt you sewed!
Many blessings to you and your family...

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Hope Marie said...

Im having a giveaway to enter go to www.rejoceinhiword.blogspot.com

Brooke O'Shea said...

That is a loveley skirt, Eden!
Congratulations on getting you riding permit!
Through Christ,
LH

Anna said...

Your skirt looks really lovely! Is it a free internet pattern? If so, could you tell me where – I love free patterns!!

I hope that your operation went well today and that you are recovering well. I shall be praying for you still.

Blessings,
Anna