August 13, 2010

Summer With A Purpose: Week Nine

Another week, and another SWAP post! Summer has been flying by oh-so-fast! I’m happy that I’ve been able to make these hot summer months, productive too!

This morning I looked at the list of summer goals I set three weeks ago. And I was encouraged to see that I have been making progress! This week I spent a lot of time resting, as per the doctor’s orders. If I do too much activity, my mouth gets sore again so I have to relax a lot…definitely easier said than done for such an active person like me! ;-)

Here’s how I’ve been making progress with each goal:

{1} I decided to organize a knit & crochet-along for a Christian orphanage in Romania. So far I have five participants (including my sister and I!). Hopefully more people will sign up so we can meet our goal and be able to bless these children with warm clothing for the winter. I have four knitted hats completed and ready to be shipped out to the orphanage and Sara might make some scarves to match!

{2} Sorry to admit it but, I haven’t made much headway with the friendship afghan. I haven’t been in the “crocheting” mood lately, if you know what I mean! I’m still trying to slowly ease myself back into a “normal routine” after my surgery two weeks ago. But I’m sure I’ll be knitting and crocheting before long! I’m organizing my yarn today so I can see which yarns would make great squares and maybe find some cool patterns too!

{3} One thing I’ve been doing this week is practicing piano. Playing piano is always fun for me and I’ve been working on some challenging songs this week. This morning, Sara took this video of me playing and singing one of my favorite worship songs, Here I Am To Worship:

{4} I didn’t do much sewing this week. But I did make a new skirt  just a couple of weeks ago and I’m planning my next project –a new handbag! So look out for details and pictures sometime next week!

IMGP4325 {5} When I set my new goals three weeks ago, I decided to read at least three more books before the end of summer. Since then, I finished reading both Ships of Mercy and In the Presence of My Enemies. Now I’m reading through Shadow of the Almighty. by Elisabeth Elliot. The book is a biography about her husband, Jim Elliot who was killed as he and 4 other missionaries tried to make contact with a remote South American tribe. He’s life is truly inspiring and I’ve enjoyed reading through it! IMGP4332

I’ve also been studying the GED test prep book…the work hasn’t been difficult –it’s  just lots of review so I’ve been doing it while resting. 

Even though it seems like I didn’t do much this week, I’ve been making progress toward my goals. I can’t believe there’s just one more week of SWAP! It’s been so much fun being productive this summer and actually get things done!

Did you set some goals for this summer? How are you making progress?

Praying that all of you have a blessed weekend!

Edensig

15 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow, you've been really productive, Eden! Great job. I *loved* the video! :)

-- Much Love,
Lindsay <3

KyAnn said...

You have a beautiful voice, Eden!!! You are a great piano player, too! :)
KyAnn
http://bloommagazine.webs.com

Emily Nicole said...

You've been very productive this week, Eden! I really enjoyed the video too. You play the piano very well and your voice is simply lovely. Thanks for sharing what you've been doing! :)

Anonymous said...

Great to see dedication to our Lord!!
You may be interested to know that I just finished reading a great new release which would be a fantastic follow-up to "Shadow of the Almighty" called "JIM ELLIOT: A Christian Martyr Speaks to You" It contains transcriptions of his own words (messages which he spoke prior to going to the mission field.
May God continue to bless you and your ministry.

Rachel said...

Wonderful! So glad you've been able to be so productive this summer..even with your broken arm and wisdom teeth being pulled! :D That's great!

I know what you mean about not feeling like knitting/crocheting. ;) I haven't much either. This time of year I always get lax in my crafting but by Sep. I'm ready to start creating again usually. ;) Lol! I have a lot of Christmas gifts to make...so I like to get started as early as possible. :)

LOVED the video of you playing...you have such a sweet and beautiful voice! :) That's one of my favorite songs too. ;) I couldn't help but sing along with you! HeHe!

Can't wait to see the handbag you want to work on...those are so much fun to make! :)

I saw the crocheting/knitting for Romania, and I would love to help, but unfortunately I have a lot going on right now in various ways, so I can not. :( But, I will post about it on our blog for you and pray you can get some more helpers for this wonderful idea! :D It's so nice to be able to create things with your own hands to give to others in need! :)

And, I LOVE the new blog design as well! :D It suits you! ;)

Blessings my dear!
Thank you for your sweet and delightful comments on our blog! I'm so glad we've met! ;)

Have a Blessed Weekend!
~Rachel~

Jenna said...

It looks as though you've been quite productive this week, dear friend! Have a blessed day!
Also, thank you for the sweet comments you've left on my blog recenently!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Unknown said...

Lindsay ~ I'm happy you loved the video! It was a blessing to be able to share it with y'all. :-D

Miss K ~ Praise God! I'm glad you enjoyed watching the video.

Emily ~ Thanks for the compliments. :-) My Mom taught me how to play piano... and I'm happy to share my talents with all of you.

Rachel ~ Thanks for the sweet note! It really made my day. :-) And thanks for posting about the knit/crochet along on your blog! I've already gotten another participant referred from your blog. :-)

Jenna ~ Yes, I've been praying that I'll use my time wisely. I'm happy I've been able to make progress towards my goals!

Blessings to all of you!

Anna said...

I'm really impressed by your goals and your productivity! You inspire me. :) I clicked over from your comment at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee... it's nice to "meet" you!

Unknown said...

Hello Anna! Happy to "meet" you too! I'm glad you stopped by. I feel blessed that I was able to inspire you to be productive. Hope you have a blessed day!

Leah said...

You sound busy!

Your video was lovely! Your voice is beautiful and so is your piano playing. :-)

I am slowly getting my goals done. It's hard with three little ones that take up a lot of time around at my house. But that's okay. It's the most important thing I or any one in my family should be doing. :-) Their a joy.

I am still working on those squares! I hope to get a little bit more yarn and be able to make each square more unique. Any way...

I hope you are almost fully improved from your surgery.
Have a good day!

Blessings,

Leah

p.s. Your new back round is nice!

Susannah said...

No, no one refered me to your blog...we found it awhile ago and have been following since :)

~Susannah

Unknown said...

Hello!
I hope ypou are beginning to feel better! I really enjoyed listening to your playing and singing. :)

Thank you very much for sending me those oatterns. I am starting a scarf tonight and I am thinking about trying a hat *gulp*. I think I can do it!

By the way, I really like your new background. Very lovely!

Have a good day,
Frannie

carlotta cisternas said...

Sounds like you've been having a great summer! How thoughtful of you to organize the knit/crochet along for the orphanage! Very sweet.

Loved the video - you play piano and sing beautifully!

Libby said...

Heaps like video,:) love your blog btw, I'm gonna follow:D

Libby
girlsofhope.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a voice! Just beautiful and well played! (I have the same keyboard*) Thank you for your lovely inspiration for praise! I am visiting and love your lovely blog. I will become a follower very soon. Please visit me at:
Herdelightfulhands.blogspot.com

God bless you

Mimi