August 20, 2010

Summer With A Purpose: Week Ten

Oh, just where has summer gone so fast??? It’s hard to believe that we’ve past the halfway mark of August and summer is almost over. It seems like just yesterday I was welcoming summer with open arms, looking forward to fun times at the beach and enjoying ice cream and watermelon!

But after more than three months of hot temperatures and not-so-fun humidity, I’m actually looking forward to autumn. I’m excited when I think about what I’ll be able to do once the weather begins to cool down… Gardening, cycling, bird watching, and more outdoor photography. Ahh, I can’t wait for those crispy, cool mornings and refreshing evenings!

This post ends the Summer With A Purpose challenge. Emily at My Life Belongs to Him started this in June when she noticed that most of us tend to be less productive in the summer months and wanted to encourage herself and others to do more this time of year. Of course, I loved the idea and decided to join! I can’t say how much this challenge has been a blessing to me. I met so many goals and accomplished a lot this summer and I’m sad to say goodbye to these fun Friday posts. :-(

So for the last SWAP post, here’s a review of what we did this week…

Somehow, we managed to catch the cold. Leah got it first over the weekend and it’s been going from one person to another in our family. So the past few days, I spent a lot of time resting and just trying to get better. I’m feeling pretty good today, thank God!

While resting, I made progress on the friendship afghan squares. Now I’ve completed four squares. I know…I’ve been slow in getting them done but I’m confident that I’ll meet the mid-October deadline. :-) I just love the detail in the pattern I used for this square. It’s called Gulls & Garter.

IMGP4674

I’m happy to say that we have 10 participants in the “Knit & Crochet for Romania” project! I already have 5 hats ready to be donated and my sisters Sara and Leah are joining me as well. Sara’s made a couple of hats, and Leah’s working on her second one. It’s been so much fun using our talents to bless others! If you haven’t joined yet, please click here to find out how you can participate. I know you’ll be richly blessed by helping others!

While recuperating from the cold, we’ve been enjoyed working on a jigsaw puzzle. {Any other jigsaw puzzle lovers out there?!} This one was given to us by a lovely friend of ours, and it’s been so much fun trying to piece it all together! I think Leah and Jude are really good at doing puzzles. They’re always finding good fits. :-)

jigsawpuzzle1

IMGP4548Last month, Sara and I participated in an apron swap hosted by Desiree. Each of us sewed an apron and mailed it to another participant, and my apron just arrived in the mail earlier this week! It’s a beautiful half apron. Allison did a great job! It’s so adorable…and she did a beautiful job packaging it as well!

newhalfapronI was also delighted to receive my order of billion dollar tracts in the mail. They were on sale last weekend at Living Water’s online store and we decided to purchase them. They’re great to give out and they have a good Gospel message on the back. I’ve already given them to a few people I know and they were happy to receive them!

IMGP4590

Well, I really hope all of you had a good, productive summer! I’m so thankful to God that He blessed me with a wonderful summer. I met most of my goals and I feel really good about that. ;-) And even though I’m sad to see the summer go, I’m looking forward to the more comfortable temperatures that autumn promises to bring!

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who leaves lovely comments on my posts! They really do make blogging worthwhile. :-) I’ve begun to reply to all comments, so if you asked a question in a comment please revisit that blog post…there should be a reply waiting there for you!

Hope y’all have a blessed weekend!

Edensig

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can't believe summer is coming to an end either! Like you, I'm really looking forward to some cooler temperatures! :)

Yes, I love puzzles. Me and Haley did a few earlier in the summer. Great way to get your mind thinking and stay nice and cool inside. ;)

It sounds like you've had a really productive summer, Eden! That's wonderful... I've really enjoyed your SWAP posts. :)

~ Love,
Lindsay

Sereina said...

I'm also looking forward to autumn, my favorite season.

That apron is so lovely! She did do a great job!

Much love,
Sereina

Shelley said...

Beautiful apron. It looks really nice on you! Sounds like a good productive week, even though you had a cold. :)

Emily said...

That is one amazing apron! I should really finish the one I started awhile ago. I tend to put projects aside and forget about them if something comes up. =(

Rachel said...

I know! This summer has gone by soo fast! :) But I can't wait for autumn...it's my second fav season (spring being my favorite...but by a bit more, Lol!). :)

Oh, those stitches are lovely on your block! :D Love it! I can't wait to see everyone's blocks! :D *squeals* :)

The apron is beautiful! :D I love the colors and the style! :D Aprons are soo much fun! ;)

We've had some of those tracts before...they really are an easy way to have a conversation starter and people feel appreciated that you think they are "worth" a billion/million dollars. ;) Jessica and I have given them out to cashiers at the grocery store and such before too. :) They love them and we always try to say a little prayer each time we've give them out for the person that God would use that in their lives to bring them to Him. :)

I hope you and your family get well really soon sweetie!
Have a blessed weekend!
Love and Hugs!
~Rachel~

P.S. - off to do my weekly Sat. chores! ;) Lol! Talk to you later!

Allison said...

Hello Eden!

I'm glad you like the apron! : D Thanks for posting the knitting patterns! This is really helpful! I can't wait to get started!

Blessings,
Allison

Taylor said...

It sounds like you've been enjoying a very productive summer, Eden! That's wonderful. :) Our family likes putting puzzles together every now and then too. They are so much fun! Oh, and your new apron is beautiful... I love it!

Well, I'm definitely with you: I can't wait for those crisp autumn mornings and fresh evenings! Fall is definitely my favorite season. ;) I hope you're having a lovely day!

Blessings,
--Taylor--

PS: I meant to tell you that I loved seeing the video of you singing and playing piano in one of your recent posts! You are a very talented pianist... and you have a very beautiful voice as well! :)

Unknown said...

Lindsay ~ Aww, I'm happy you enjoyed reading the SWAP posts. Perhaps we'll do it again next year. :-) Oh, and puzzles are perfect for keeping little ones happily occupied indoors on hot summer days!

Sereina ~ Oh, autumn is beautiful! And it has a lot of opportunities for photography too. ;-)

Shelley ~ Thanks for the compliments! Praise God for this productive week (inspite of the cold!). :-)

Emily ~ Oh, I'm really bad when it comes to starting projects and not finishing them...But I'm trying to change that though. :-)

Rachel ~ Spring is my favorite season too! And autumn is probably a close second. ;-)Isn't it fun giving out tracts? We pray that they touch the lives of those who receive them too. Tracts are a great way to evangelize!

Allison ~ Glad you appreciate the patterns. Let me know how they work out for you! And feel free to ask questions too. :-)

Taylor ~ Yes, I did have a productive summer! Praise God! I'm happy you enjoyed the video. I hope to post another soon!

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

Sara said...

You've been tagged:-)

~Maya'lee

Unknown said...

Maya'lee ~ Thanks for tagging me, sister! I'll post it soon. :-)

Blessings!

Shiloh Strang said...

We just orderd and received those tracts!